OUR CAMP IS FULL FOR 2017, unless you're a bike mechanic.
• If you're a bike mechanic, or have some basic bike skills, contact us, and we'll do our best to include you.
• To insure that only pre-approved people join, we've stopped selling memberships here; if we approve you, we'll give you a 'secret link" you can use to register.
We are located at 9:00 Plaza, just a few blocks from the esplanade. The plaza is filled mostly with service camps like Black Rock Rangers, Medical, and Pancake Playhouse. It's relatively quiet but great music is only a few minutes away, at Duck Pond and District.
Our Philosophy is simple. If a bike is broken, we will show the owner how to fix it. Afterward, we ask the owner to help the next person. We strive to create a caring, nurturing environment for people needing their bikes repaired, and a comfortable, friendly place for Burning Man mechanics.
Many of our campmates are mechanics. Other mechanics come from other camps, and simply drop in for a few hours each day. We provide bike stands, shade, and tools. Most camp members love bicycles, ride or race, and have some mechanical aptitude. Others simply love our camp, and the service we provide; there's nothing at Burning Man more ubiquitous than a bicycle.
• Several art bikes
• 12,000 square feet of shade with mesh floor (to catch MOOP).
• Commercial kitchen with 10 burners, 2 ovens, 3-basin sink, 2 basin sink, fridge, freezer.
• Catered Dinners (Wednesday thru Saturday)
• 2250 gallons of fresh water
• 500 gallon gray water tank
• Professional audio (rivals a night club)
• Arguably the best music on the Playa
• Electricity (25 Kw Diesel Generator)
We ask campmates to commit to working four 4-hour shifts (16 hours total) during the week.
Many of us help out before and/or after Burning Man too (with set up, tear down, cleaning bikes, packing trucks, etc).
We have a commercial kitchen, built into one of our 48' semi-trailers. Campmates can use the kitchen to prepare anything, anytime. The camp provides four simple but delicious dinners, Wednesday through Saturday at 7:30 pm.
Other vital info
Our campsite at Burning Man is spacious, provided everyone carpools and drives a reasonable vehicle. Most of us arrive via car, pick up truck, or cargo van. We will set up one 60x100 shade tent; if you put your backpacking tent underneath, you'll be comfortable. We don't really have space for mobile homes, RV's, or trailers (other than trailers we use to haul bikes).
Playa Bike Repair - Camp Membership Fee - Before June 15.
(On June 15, prices increase $50)
$225 Bona fide mechanic, living on bike shop wages
$300 Basic Membership without meals
$350 Membership + Meals (Dinner Wed through Sat)
$450 Membership + Meals (Dinner Wed through Sat) + loaner bicycle
$500 Membership + Meals (Dinner Wed through Sat) + Aero Velo (With Aero Velo, you pick up / drop off your bike at BRC airport)
If you buy a membership that includes meals then $60 (of the total) is for meals, thus taxable. 7.725% NV sales tax on $60 is $4.35. For simplicity, PBR pays the $4.35.
Your support funds Playa Bike Repair. Thank you!