Playa Bike Repair is presently open to new members.
1. Please read everything on this page.
2. Complete this application form.
3. If accepted, we'll direct back you to this page to pay your membership fees.
Start here: Camp Info 1
We are located at 9:00 Plaza, just a few blocks from the esplanade. The plaza is filled mostly with service camps like Black Rock Rangers and Medical. It's relatively quiet, but great music is only a few minutes away, at Duck Pond and District.
Our Philosophy is simple. If a bike is broken, we will show the owner how to fix it. Afterward, we ask the owner to help the next person. We strive to create a caring, nurturing environment for people needing their bikes repaired, and a comfortable, friendly place for Burning Man mechanics.
Many of our campmates are mechanics. Other mechanics come from other camps, and simply drop in for a few hours each day. We provide bike stands, shade, and tools. Most camp members love bicycles, ride or race, and have some mechanical aptitude. Others simply love our camp, and the service we provide; there's nothing at Burning Man more ubiquitous than a bicycle.
• Several art bikes
• 12,000 square feet of shade with mesh floor (to catch MOOP).
• Commercial kitchen with 10 burners, 3 ovens, 3-basin dish sink, 2-basin prep sink, hand wash sink, 3-door fridge, 2-door freezer.
• Catered Dinners (Wednesday thru Saturday)
• 4000 gallons of fresh water
• 4000 gallon gray water tank
• Professional audio (rivals a night club)
• Arguably the best music on the Playa
• Electricity (25 Kw Diesel Generator running 3-phase)
We ask campmates to commit to working four 4-hour shifts (16 hours total) during the week. Everyone must contribute to either set up, or strike.
Many of us help out before and/or after Burning Man too (with set up, tear down, cleaning bikes, packing trucks, etc).
We have a commercial kitchen, built into one of our 48' semi-trailers. Campmates can use the kitchen to prepare anything, anytime. The camp provides four simple but delicious dinners, Wednesday through Saturday at 7:30 pm.
Other vital info
Our campsite at Burning Man is spacious, provided everyone carpools and drives a reasonable vehicle. Most of us arrive via car, pick up truck, or cargo van. We will set up one 60x120 shade tent; if you put your backpacking tent underneath, you'll be comfortable. We don't really have space for mobile homes, RV's, or trailers (other than trailers we use to haul bikes).
Playa Bike Repair - Camp Membership Fee - Before July 16.
(On July 16, prices increase $50)
In 2018 we are offering just one membership option:
$500 Membership + Meals (Dinner Wed through Sat) + Loaner Bicycle
If you buy a membership that includes meals then $60 (of the total) is for meals, thus taxable. 8.265% NV sales tax on $60 is $4.96. For simplicity, PBR pays the $4.96.
Your support funds Playa Bike Repair. Thank you!